All the cool kids are burning their broccoli, and now I know why. Dinner, lunch, breakfast, or snacks, I cannot stop eating burnt broccoli. In fact, making it any other way now just seems unnatural.
If you might notice, I have an addictive personality when it comes to food. When I find something I like, I make it over and over again with different variations until I get sick of it. Lucky or not, for my husband, it can take a while. For everyone else, it means perfected recipes.
|Abby has been caught a few times trying to steal my broccoli|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut up the broccoli in to bite size pieces. I like to do some smaller and some larger, because I can.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil. You want to just lightly cover them. I would start with a tablespoon, and add in a 1/2 tablespoon at a time as you need it. Sprinkle in sea salt
- Spread broccoli out on a large cooking sheet and put it in the oven for 25 mins. Give them a toss half way through.
- They are done when the edges start to brown. You can burn them as much as you want.
All that's left to do is enjoy! This is a great side dish to basically any meal. You can even enjoy it as a snack to munch on.
But Wait, There's More!I have exciting news about this recipe. If you are lazy, like I am some times, you can totally make burnt broccoli on a stove top in less time with less dishes.
Here is how to make on the stove top: Cut the broccoli. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in cut broccoli and season it with the salt. Let it cook/burn for about 5-10 mins, toss occasionally to get a good burn on all sides.
Shared on AIP Recipe Roundtable